What Is Vilitra?
Vilitra treats erectile dysfunction, also known as impotence, in men over the age of 18 by increasing blood flow to the penile blood chambers. It contains the active ingredient vardenafil.
When used correctly, Vilitra becomes a reliable impotence medication that supports men who cannot get or maintain an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse, due to physical or psychological reasons. Vilitra, like all erectile dysfunction medications, enables sex, but it does not immediately produce an erection; sexual stimulation is still required.
Vilitra is effective in lower doses, making it particularly suitable for men with health conditions such as high blood pressure and diabetes, and it is less likely to cause side effects.
How Does Vilitra Work?
The active ingredient in Vilitra, vardenafil, is a phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor (PDE-5) that makes erections possible. Cyclic GMP relaxes the blood vessels, allowing blood to enter and create an erection. After climax or when sexual stimulation is withdrawn, PDE-5 removes the GMP, reinstating normal blood flow and returning the penis to a non-aroused state. Vilitra uses vardenafil to delay the breakdown of PDE-5, allowing blood vessels to fill more effectively and for a longer time.
Gaining and maintaining an erection is a complicated procedure that can be prevented by physical issues such as heart disease and diabetes or psychological interventions like stress and performance anxiety. Vilitra can effectively and reliably prevent this from happening, supporting men who cannot get an erection and helping those whose erection does not last long enough or diminishes during sex.
How To Use Vilitra
To use Vilitra, swallow your dose about an hour before anticipated sex. Vardenafil can work quickly within 15 minutes or take up to 60 minutes to take effect. Vilitra Orodispersible, a dissolving option, may suit those who struggle with tablets or prefer a discreet option. It dissolves on the tongue within a few seconds and should then be swallowed. Always handle Vilitra Orodispersible with dry hands and do not attempt to take it with water.
Vilitra tablets can be taken with or after food, allowing flexibility in timing. However, a large fatty meal can interfere with Levitra and Vilitra Orodispersible, preventing them from working properly. Avoid grapefruit juice, as it hampers Vilitra’s effectiveness and excessive alcohol is not recommended as it can prevent erections.
A single dose of Vilitra and Vilitra Orodispersible is for use within 24 hours. It is not recommended to take an extra dose during this time. If your current prescription is not strong enough, a higher-dose tablet can be taken on your doctor’s recommendation.
Vilitra is available in three different doses for men over the age of eighteen:
- 5mg – usually used for men over the age of 65
- 50mg – the usual ‘starter’ dose
- 20mg – a stronger version if the 10mg dose is not enough
Vilitra Orodispersible is available in the 10mg dose. The starting dose will be determined during your consultation based on your overall health and level of erectile dysfunction. Often, starting with the lowest dose is recommended, but this can be increased if necessary. If you experience side effects, you can reduce your dose.
Vilitra is highly effective in its lower doses, allowing potential benefits from the lowest dose.
Vilitra Side Effects
Side effects of Vilitra and Vilitra Orodispersible are rare and mild if taken correctly due to their low doses. Particularly suitable for men with health issues, it may reduce the chances of side effects for those who had issues with other brands.
Common side effects related to a drop in blood pressure include a stuffy or runny nose, headaches, face flushing, dizziness, and an upset stomach. These are likely to pass as you adjust to the medication. If they persist, worsen, or are intolerable after a few days, consult your doctor, as an alternative medication may be more suitable.
Uncommon side effects (1 in 100 users) include:
- Sleep disorders
- Skin and mucous tissue swelling
- Vision disturbances such as light sensitivity, eye pain, and redness. Consult your doctor immediately for sudden loss of vision.
- Vertigo and ringing in the ears. Seek immediate medical attention for sudden loss of hearing.
- Racing heart and breathlessness
- Nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting, and acid reflux
- Raised liver enzyme levels
- Muscle and back pain caused by creatine phosphokinase
- Tiredness and malaise
Rare side effects (1 in 1000 users) include:
- Allergic reaction
- Heart effects
- An increase in eye pressure (glaucoma)
- High or low blood pressure
- Very rare side effects include blood in urine or semen and penile bleeding.
Although Vilitra is taken successfully by many men to relieve the problem of erectile dysfunction, there are some men for whom it is not suitable. Vilitra, in its tablet and Orodispersible form, is a prescription medicine for this reason.
Do not use Vilitra if:
- You are allergic to Vardenafil or Vilitra’s ingredients. Seek medical help immediately for signs of an allergic reaction.
- You are taking medications for angina or chest and heart problems
- You are taking HIV medications
- If you are 75 and over and taking antifungal medication
- If you have severe liver or heart disease
- If you’ve had a heart attack or stroke
- If you have or have had low blood pressure
- If you are having kidney dialysis
- If you have a family history of eye disease, including non-arteritic ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION)
Speak to your doctor first if you have the following conditions before taking any kind of erectile dysfunction medication.
- If you are taking Riociguat to treat high blood pressure in your lungs
- If you have an irregular heartbeat or inherited heart disease
- If you have Peyronie’s disease or another condition that affects the penis shape
- You have a condition that creates priapism (erections that don’t dissipate)
- You have stomach ulcers
- You have bleeding disorders
- If you are using any other type of erectile dysfunction medications
Vilitra and Vilitra Orodispersible can have an adverse effect when taken with certain medications, particularly medicines including nitrates.
Nitrates, common in treating heart conditions, encourage muscle relaxation and reduce blood pressure. Men with heart conditions often take nitrates as part of their treatment. If you have a heart condition, always check with your doctor before taking any erectile dysfunction medication, as their interaction can cause a serious blood pressure drop.
If you take any over-the-counter medicines, mention them to your doctor, including herbal remedies.
If you start taking a new medicine, tell your doctor, as there could be negative interactions with Vardenafil or any of the other inactive ingredients, ensuring you are safe from contraindications and potentially harmful side effects.
Do not take more than your prescribed amount of Vilitra, as this will increase the risk of side effects. Do not share Vilitra with anyone else, and women should not take Vilitra or any erectile dysfunction medicines, as it will have no effect on their sexual appetite and may cause side effects.
Other medications that should not be taken with Vilitra include:
- Arrhythmia medicines quinidine, procainamide, sotalol, and amiodarone
- HIV medicines indinavir and ritonavir
- Antifungal medications
- Some types of antibiotics
- Alpha-blockers are often used for prostate enlargement or high blood pressure
- Other erectile dysfunction medications, including other versions of Vilitra
Avoid grapefruit juice, as it interferes with how Vilitra works, causing erection failures and increasing the risk of side effects due to prolonged medication presence.
Do I Need A Prescription?
Yes, a prescription is required for all erectile dysfunction medications to ensure safety.
If planning to buy impotence medication online, ensure a required online consultation with a qualified doctor and that any medication sent is delivered directly from a registered pharmacy.
How To Buy Vilitra
Vilitra is available from your doctor, or after completing an online consultation, you can purchase Vilitra online. Doctors will ask questions about your health and concerns. Mention any current medications or conditions you are experiencing. It is not possible to buy Vilitra or any other erectile dysfunction medication over the counter.
- Vilitra for Erectile Dysfunction: Vilitra treats erectile dysfunction in men by increasing blood flow to the penile chambers.
- Effective and Versatile Usage: Vilitra is effective in lower doses, suitable for men with health conditions, and can be taken as a tablet or in dissolvable Orodispersible form.
- Precautions and Dosages: It comes in three doses, requires precautions like avoiding grapefruit juice and excess alcohol, and demands a prescription obtained through a doctor or online consultation.